This week has gone by soooo super fast! I am having a hard time even remembering what happened! I got your package today thanks! Merry Christmas to you all! Remember to "discover the gift, embrace the gift, and share the gift!"
Sunday was fast Sunday! That was a neat experience here at the MTC. We had a big mission conference which was awesome! Also in our sacrament meeting everyone in our zone bore their testimony in Spanish, even the new district! That night Hermana Allen and I went to the Joseph Smith movie, soooo good! It is just what I needed to remind me of and strengthen my testimony of Jose Smith. Y se que Jose Smith is un profeta de Dios. El traducir el Libro de Mormon. Jose es un servicido de Dios. La estoria de Jose y el Libro de Mormon son verdad. (Sorry the Spanish is possibly a bit off, not a super Spanish master yet).
Wednesday our district got to host again! We got done early so we got to go to gym as well! I played sand volleyball with some of the sisters from the other district in our zone. Oh ya, Hermana Allen and I had this leccion con 4 investigators at once and it was soooooo hard cause they were all so different. Well, I hit my breaking point with this leccion. But it was definitely a learning experience. One of the things I rememeber is that I was reminded of how much we must rely on the Lord in his work, because this is His work. It is about what the investigators feel, not what I say.
Oh Tuesday night Elder Zwick of the seventy came and spoke for the devotional. Sooo good! They brought Lexi Walker, a super super bien singer that is thirteen years old. The spirit hit me hardest when Lexi started to sing I am a Child of God. The spirit testified to me that I truly am a Child of God. He loves me individually. He cares about all aspects of my life.
Something cool about the MTC and missionary work is that the spirit is often re-testifying to you the truths you now and not remembering as often as you should. Sometimes I feel like I am the "investigator" learning from the spirit all over again.
Yesterday was infield training. I learned a lot of things. Just a few I would like to share. People can tell if you are not being as obedient as you should be as a missionary. This can affect their trust in you. So I am working harder on my goal of exact obedience. Another thing, when others are brought unto Christ there are many other people affected. Think about all of the people they can do family history and temple work for and all the generations to come. Always open your mouth; you don't want to pass up opportunities to share the gospel.
In my PMG quote it says to pray to recognize the opportunities to share the gospel. Key work: recognize. We are already being presented with opportunities to share the gospel, but we might not recognize them! Pray to recognize and pray to have the confidence and faith to act. So this week I invite you to do so and look for someone you can share your testimony or a part of the gospel with.
Follow up- I have given a few invitations and "commitments" in past letters. I want to know if you have acted upon any. I want to hear the experiences you have had with them :)
les quiero
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr
| New District |
| Travel Itineraries!!!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment