Hola familia!
First off I want to send a Birthday shout out to the greatest sister in the whole entire world Ashley "Bug" Burr!!! I hope you have a wonderful day cause you deserve it!
My new compa is...Hermana Gerber! I love her, she is super wonderful! She has about a year in the mission. She is from West Jordan Utah. She is really sweet. I would send a pic, but I don't have the capabilities this week. I think that Hermana Gerber and I are going to have miracles this transfer. We have had a lot of success this past week. I am really starting to feel like a missionary with her. This is good cause that is what I have been needing.
Hermana Gerber and I have decided that the only time we are going to speak English is at night. In the past four days I have seen progress in myself because of this. (Although sometimes I just don't understand something so we have to speak some English during the day). I have already learned a lot more about my area this week that I didn't know before. I feel like I am learning right alongside my compa. I know things are going to be hard with all of the progress I still need to make in all areas of the work, but I am ready to buckle down, learn, and grow.
This week we started to work with two menos actives (less actives), Gonzalo and Hermana "Fanny". With Hna Fanny we are going to work on getting her to read the Book of Mormon daily. She told us that she is praying daily. Something Elder David A. Bednar said is that if you are reading the Book of Mormom and praying daily then you won't fall away. So I believe that this will reactivate her. Gonzalo told us that he wants to stop doing drugs and is looking for a church right now. So we are working with him to remind him that he is already a member of the Church of Jesus Christ, the only true and living church on the earth, the true gospel of Jesucristo.
We are also working with a Franco and Fiorella. They have two small children. They are a reference from a member. Hermana Benson and I had tried to talk with them before, but weren't able to. So it was a miracle when Hermana Gerber and I were able to have a leccion with them. Fiorella is quite intelligent and helps explain things to Franco. I think she has an interest in our message. Oh and I think they have had some of the missionary discussions in the past. They are on the path of searching for a Church. As of about a week ago they joined the universal church. I believe that our Father in Heaven put us in their lives at this time to help them come to the true gospel of Jesucristo.
We also got a new investigator named Javier. He had long hair (it is awesome) and has some troubles with the word of wisdom. I believe he has real potential to change though. Yesterday at church someone told us that a eprson showed up and was looking for us, but then left cause he didn't feel comfortable the way he was dressed. Well it was Javier. Too bad no one told us he was there when he was actually there. Que triste (sad) that he didn't actually end up coming since he came. So we will work with him this week and pray that he will come next week. He has already shown faith in trying to come yesterday. I think he has a real desire to change his life for the better and come unto Christ.
Sorry I don't have time to write everyone every week. I print off your letters and read all of them. It is just I am a slow typer and by the time I write president, my family letter, and send pics if possible there isn't much time. I really try to write to everyone, I promise!
Well love you all soooo much! I hope you are all enjoying your cold weather! Have a fantastic week!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr
No comments:
Post a Comment