It is hard for me to believe that time flies by so fast that Ode Gubler is already back with you all. (Sister Gubler returned this week from serving a mission in Estonia. This is Hailey’s cousin). This week I completed 16 months in the mission and I really have no idea where the time has gone. I am so thankful for these 16 months of growing and learning. I have seen so many miracles and changes in the lives of our Heavenly Fathers children and in my own life as well.
One of the experiences I want to share this week is about the power of the Restoration. This week in companionship study we decided to do a practice with the other Hermanas in our pench. As my companion and I were teaching them the restoration I had the opportunity to recite the first vision. As the words came out of my mouth the Spirit began to fill the room and penetrate my heart so strongly. The other Hermanas as well were touched. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and that through him the True Church of Christ was restored to the earth. The Holy Ghost testifies of truth to our hearts and souls. As we search for the guidance of the spirit we are edified and strengthened to what The Lord has called us to do.
Yesterday we visited an inactive member, Hna. Sosa. She has health problems and the seƱor that lives above her, Osmar, is always helping her with everything. Every time we visit this Hermana we invite him to participate, but always puts an excuse. Yesterday we invited him and he said yes. He participated in part of the lesson and then left in the middle to cook. At the end of the lesson, we invited him to come and participate for the closing prayer. He said yes. We asked him if there was something the he wanted us to include in the prayer and he told us. We prayed for what he said. After the prayer he stood up real quick and as he left the room he said "you made me cry." I know that the spirit touched his heart and that is a seed for him to be able to accept to listen again and come to receive the restored gospel.
This week I was meditizando 2 Nefi 25:23. I am trying to do my part diligently so that the Lord can do His part. This is also something that has helped to keep me going and be positive. The Lord always fulfills His promises and helps us to do the impossible.
Have a Fantastic Week!
Con amor,
Hermana Burr
![]() |
![]() |
| Sunset :) |


No comments:
Post a Comment