Monday, July 27, 2015

We are going to have a baptism! (Week 38)

Mis Queridos!

I had a wonderful week! Enzo said that he got his answer to his prayers! Enzo had his baptismal interview on saturday and he passed, so we will have his baptism this coming saturday! I remember when I first arrived here and we would go to visit his family he would play computer games and didn't participate in the lessons. Then one day he started to listen to us. He started to read the things we left for him to read and he started to pray. But he would never agree to come to church. We had to put a goal for the baptismal date, but he said he didn't want to be baptized. He kept listening to us, but stopped reading and stopped doing his personal prayers. We decided for a time we weren't going to focus on him. (Like drop him, but we couldn't actually drop him cause we needed to visit his family because some were recent converts). Then one day he started to complete the reading again and say his prayers. We decided that we were going to focus on him again. We decided that we would have lessons separate from his family so he would share with us what he felt and thought so that he could progress and learn. After that, he began to progress rapidly and we put a baptismal date. He said he wasn't so sure but as time went on he said he felt more sure every day that this is the correct decision and that he needed to be baptized. And now, he is going to be baptized!

I feel like maybe one of the reasons that I am still in Lujan is because the Lord is giving me the tender mercy of seeing him get baptized. So I can see the completed process. But really baptism is just the beginning. We have to continue to be faithful until the end which includes the temple. I am excited to continue helping Enzo progress so that he can go to the temple and continue until he makes it to the celestial kingdom.

We are visiting all the recent converts. Tonight we are going to have a family home evening with some of them. Mariano (13 years) is going to do the lesson. I am excited for this night.

Update on my language! I am doing really well and with my companion from Argentina I even had a bit of an Argentina accent. But now with my "yankee" companion I have lost my accent and I have been speaking too much english. Sometimes I will be saying something and an english word will slip out when I am talking to the people. opps. I am going to work on getting better with that again.

I love the General Conference talks! I hope you are all studying them because they give us the guidance that we need! Also, I was studying a bit in the book Jesus the Christ this morning! That book is soooooo awesome! I encourage all to read it!

Thanks! Have a fantastic week!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr 

No comments:

Post a Comment