Family!
I had a really amazing week! Yesterday was one of the best days in the mission and one of the happiest days of my life. Saturday was Enzo's baptism. It was one of the best baptisms I have ever been to. I really just felt the spirit. Yesterday during sacrament he received the Holy Ghost and after sacrament he received the Aaronic Priesthood. I can't express the joy I feel when I know I have done something to help someone come to know the gospel and see the changes, progress, and happiness it gives people in their lives. I worked a long time to see this baptism and I am eternally grateful to the Lord for letting me stay in Lujan for one more transfer so that I could see the changes that took place in the life of Enzo and his family. I know the Lord has blessed me so much in my mission. I know He is the one that works miracles in the lives of His children and I am blessed to see the miracles that take place in their lives and how it blesses my life.
Yesterday in fast and testimony meeting I had a really spiritual experience. I was full of the spirit and the joy that the gospel brings into my life. Jose, a recent convert, got up and bore his testimony about temples. He had the opportunity to go to the temple and he went with the names of his deceased parents and they were baptized. Nazarena and Mariano, recent converts, bore their testimonies as well. They talked about how much the gospel means to them and what it has done for them in their lives and how they are always going to be faithful to the Lord. Lucila, recent convert and sister of Enzo, bore her testimony. She talked about how ever since she joined the church a little while back she has been praying that her family would accept the gospel. A little time later Franco was baptized. Then a little while later their mother Miriam. And now Enzo was baptized. Now her whole famliy has been baptized. Franco, recent convert, also bore his testimony. He testified that he knows the church is true and that God puts certain things in our lives for certain reasons. Also, yesterday the hermana Sabor and her daughter Milagros came to church after being inactive for about 8 years. We have been working really hard with them. It made me so happy to see them and know they are starting to make the correct changes in their lives to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Milagros also said that she is going to prepare to serve a mission. I am so grateful to my Savior for letting me serve Him and that He helps me to know what to do and say through the Holy Ghost so that He can accomplish His work here on the earth.
This week we found Daniel. It is a cool story of how we found him. We had a family home evening scheduled for monday night at the end of the work day. When we are going to travel to the family's home my companion's bike wheel was flat. We rapidly searched for a bike shop. They were all closed; it was too late at night for them to be open. When we were walking we saw a man (Daniel) and started to talk to him to see if he knew if there was a bike shop open. We got talking to him and he said we could pass by another day. So we passed by Wednesday moring. We had a good lesson with him and left him with a Book of Mormon and set an appointment for Saturday! When we went on saturday he had alredy read 98 pages!!! We are going to continue working with him. I believe he is a really good possibility to be baptized. He is really sincere about wanting to know if it is true and acting and doing his part to find out.
Have a fantastic week! I love you all!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr
No comments:
Post a Comment