First off I want to wish the happiest anniversary to my parents! You really are the best parents in the entire world and I mean it with all of my heart. I hope you have a special day!
Well the flood went down and they do not sandbag here. There is a big river that runs through Lujan and it fills right up when it rains and rains. The river is also the low point so all of the water congregates there. It collects water from other cities and brings it here too. The river just keeps growing and it gets in the houses. About a third of my area was under water last week. So people literally had feet of water in their house. We saw a car in the street and it was almost covered to the roof. But the river has gone down and the people are back in their houses cleaning away. We have found opportunties to help some of the people. I am just fine. We live far from the river and we are in the high place in Lujan. Someone told us the water would have to reach over the top of the city building to reach us, and that will never happen so we are good. We didn't have any problems with water.
Thanks for all of the birthday wishes! My mail box was sooo full and it really made my day special! I am still trying to respond to them all! We played ping-pong as a district and that was fun! And that night we went to a noche de hogar (family home evening) and they surprised me with cake! Also, I received in the mail an envelope with a lot of special brithday notes! Thanks to all who took the time to write me a note it really means a lot to me! It was the best surprise ever! Oh and the sun came out for my birthday in all of the rain, que felicidad! (happiness)
One of the miralces I saw this week was on Friday, a cold drizzly day. We were in the part of our area that got flooded. The river had gone down and the people were back in their houses. We thought we would go and see if anyone needed help cleaning. We were talking to a lot of people and no one would let us help them or listen to our meesage. We stopped to talk to an inactive member. Well he didn't want our help either, but his neighbor came out and we started talking to her. She didn't accept our help but was interested in our message when we talked about the peace it brings. She let us into her house to talk to her and her family. We taught and testified of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and His authority and how it blesses our families. This family, la familia Lulich (daniel, Mirta, Carla 22, Agustina 18), is really centered on the family and it is really important for them. So important that the parents are legally married. They also told us they liked how much unity there is in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I think this is the first time in my mission when I found a family that was legally married and has two kids of the age of baptism. I am excited to keep working with the family Lulich, my companion and I can see so much potential in them. I know that as we put forth our best efforts to serve the Lord he will provide.
Have a fantastic week!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr
![]() |
| Her district on her birthday (after playing ping-pong) |

No comments:
Post a Comment