What a week it has been! I'll start out with a bunch of different things that happened this week. Service was cleaning the showers, a bit gross and not as fun as sparquating, pero still an adventure. I was asked to say the closing prayer for sacrament meeting. Of course I said yes, but I was nervous all meeting cause you have to do it in espanol! but i did it and all went well! Oh my, you are never going to guess who I saw this week....Dekker Smith! (friend from when we lived in Oregon). I saw him in the cafeteria! He teaches English as a second language classes. Oh this week I was made Sister Training Leader (STL) over the Zone. My compa is STL for our district so we are just a companionship full of STLness. So guess what is crazy...the other two districts in our zone leave for the Mexico this upcoming Monday so we will be the only district in our zone, weird huh! Also, we aren't getting any new missionaries for two or three weeks, sad. So our district is our zone.
To answer your questions: I haven't heard anything about my visa yet. We got our second teacher, so now we only have 3-4 hours of time each day to work without a teacher. We have had Rosmary M. Wixon, Linda K. Burton, Spencer J. Condie, President Davies (I think), and Brother Heaton from the MTC do devotionals so far. It is rumored that David A. Bednar will be here on Thanksgiving, Yayyyy!
My new favorite video is "Because of Him" or en espanol "Gracias a El." We watch it everyday and it touches me every time. It is sooooo amazing. I invite anyone reading this to watch it! Also I have a challenge for you. Look up the talk "The Enabling Power of the Atonement" I can't remember who it's by right now but it is so goooood! Read it and then you can talk about it as a family! Something I learned from reading it is that if I am lacking confidence in myself, I am really lacking confidence in my Savior, because it is Christ that enables us to do all things.
There were a few rough days this week where I almost hit a breaking point. But because I continued to work and communicated with my Father in Heaven through prayer, I was able to make it through! Yesterday was one of those days. I had been struggling with the Spanish and my ability to teach. But last night we had a powerful lesson with our TRC investigator. We started the leccion con the video "Gracias a El". Which really brought the spirit into the room. At one point in the leccon we asked him to read the definition of the Atonement from our pamphlet. When he was done reading he asked if he could keep the pamphlet. Of course I said yes! Then he got out a highlighter and started marking it up! Missionary beaming con happiness at this point. Then at the end of the leccion he said he felt different. I made sure to let him know that what he was feeling was the spirit. Yay he realized he was feeling the spirit. We have a lot more to work on in our teaching, but I am happy things went well. So that just made my day. I am amazed at how he can put you in situations and enable you through the power of the Atonement to bless the lives of His children.
Also, here is something cool. All of us here on earth have chosen to follow Christ once. How do we know this, we came to earth. So the question is why wouldn't we choose to follow Him again. Christ is preparing all sorts of people. We need to make sure to take the opportunity to find them and help them come unto Him. Also, we are all on the same conversion path. Some people are just farther along than others.
Well I love you all soooooo much! Have a fantastic week and do something kind for someone each day! :)
con mucho amor
Hermana Hailey Burr
| "I Love My Name Tag!" |
No comments:
Post a Comment