Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sparquating? (Week 2)

This has been the longest yet shortest/fastest week of my life! Crazy to think I have already been here a week and I am not the one walking around with an orange dot on my name tag! I love my name tag! It is one of the many, many things that makes being a missionary so wonderful! My Spanish is slowly improving. My compa and I taught six lessons this past week! Juan is an "investigator" that we taught four times. He is actually going to be our second teacher and his name is Hermano Tuff I believe or something like that. He is our TRC (teaching resource center I think, that is the building where we teach him). He could be a real investigator or a less active or even a member pretending, not really sure but I think he works at the MTC.

What is sparquating you might ask? Well sparquating= spraying down and wiping out trash cans with the chemical named sparquat! That was our service this week. Most of the service projects here are cleaning the living quarters, etc. We do a service project once a week!

Each day we have a similar routine. We do class (approx. 3 hours) with our teacher, Hermano Pitcher. Right now we have two other blocks of class time where we don't have a teacher, so it's up to us as to how we are going to use our time and how productive we are going to be, kinda hard when your by your selves all day. But I am glad my compa is focused and diligent in the work just as I. At times we have to leave the classroom so we can make sure we are focusing and getting our work done! These class periods are approx. 5 hours and the other one approx. 3 hours. Soon we will get our second teacher (Juan) and then we won't have as much time without a teacher. I think that will enable us to learn more, so I am excited for that! We also have gym time everyday! The activities I have participated in so far include: volleyball, basketball, spike ball (MTC game, but we had to make up our own version because we didn't know how to play), walking/running. Gym is the most fun part of the day. It's fantastic! Yes I am pretty much with my district all day long. We have class together, and we live together! We have a district of 6 Hermanas since our two elders left. We are with our zone at meal times and at gym, we have a totally different schedule on Sundays. I should just send you a copy or pic of my weekly schedule because it's hard to explain. My favorite part of Sunday is temple walk! Honestly so fun!

Today we went to the temple this morning and did an endowment session. The Provo Temple is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l on the inside! Oh and yes I tell a joke of the day to my district! So if you think of any funny ones let me know so I don't run out of jokes por favor! Thanks for making me a blog, I bet it's great, I can't wait to see it in 18 months. I am not allowed to look at it here I don't think anyways. Also you are not supposed to chew gum as missionaries and I am running out of mints so if you could please send some that would be wonderful!

I am excited to hear about how the Christmas party goes down, I laughed when I read that you were in charge! Oh also cool cosa: Grandma and grandpa Page have an Elder Wiberg from their ward and he is in my zone, well he was. He left for Mexico on Monday.

The other day I learned more about how important my purpose as a missionary is. Here it is: why is it so important to do missionary work on earth if people can be taught in heaven...well the ordinance work has to be done on earth. So we need to help people on their path of conversion now so that they can get their work done and work done for those who have already passed on.

Oh also it snowed yesterday! Now I have to wear a coat around cause it's cold! 

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Hailey Burr

Hermana Burr and Hermana Allen




Hermana Burr and her good friend Sister Brown


1 comment:

  1. She looks and sounds great! Love hearing about how she's doing! Such a wonderful young woman!! :)

    ReplyDelete