First day: right after getting dropped off I went and got my name tag and materials. Oh I got a filtered water bottle so good thing I left mine home! Then my host took me to my bedroom to drop off my suit cases and then she took me to class. Yes it is just like everyone else tells you that when you get to class they just speak the language. But I actually understood a good chunk of what Brother Pitcher said but he is speaking at a beginning level. For lunch I ate chicken fried steak, I think. The food here is alright. It's not too bad I guess, but it is nothing like moms delicious food! Its kinda like a school cafeteria, but better. That evening we went to an activity called people and your purpose. It was awesome cause I could feel the spirit very strongly. There was a big group of missionaries and we had one investigator we were talking to. Don't worry we didn't ruin their salvation, they are employed by the MTC. I got to see Sister Brown a few times so far! Also my friend from high school, Sister Charlotte Peterson lives right down the hall from me! and so does Sister Browns old roommate Sister Sinclare Hancock.
Day Two: went to class for three hours in the morning. At gym I played volleyball with people from my zone. It was fun, but I need to get to know them more so I can loosen up a bit more and have lots of fun! but they don't care if your bad at volleyball, so that's good. we had more orientations and training after lunch. Then in the evening we had branch president interviews and a meeting with the branch presidency and their wives. There are 6 sisters in my district and 2 elders. My compa and I are going to BAW and the other sisters to Argentina Bia Blanca. One elder is going to Mexico and the other to Bolivia, but the elder going to Bolivia got his visa yesterday so he left this morning for the Columbia MTC. My compa and I were able to bond a bit more today so that was good and I am beginning to feel more comfortable.
There are 6 girls in my room, we are completely full! But at least I get my own "closet". Also its community bathrooms...so big adjustment for me to have 6 girls in one room and a shared bathroom. I sleep on the top bunk. Also I am the tallest in my district, so that made me happy! Oh this morning we were talking and my Hermana roomies were telling me that I was really funny, and I hadn't even told any jokes! Yay, I am naturally funny! so then I shared a joke with them! Thank you for your dear elder! Keep them coming please! Also, Denise Johnson sent me a dear elder! Will you put her on the email list please. I am in a computer lab that cant send pictures so I will have to send them next week, lo siento (im sorry). My experience has been good so far! I think I am adjusting well. I hope all is well at home. Did you make a blog for my emails? Whats going on with you guys? I know it has only been a few days, but I'm still interested. Here is some Spanish I have been learning: testify: yo se que Jesuchristo vivo y el amor me. yo se que familias puedar eterno. en el nombre de jesuchristo amen.. still learning.. praying: nosotro querido Padre Celestial. por favor audayme a aprendar espano. estoy agradecido pr me familia. por favor bendigas me familia y me amigos y profeto y otro missionairos. te pide que me bendigas a su espiritu en el nombre de Jesuchristo amen.
probably a lot of that Spanish is spelled wrong, but oh well, still learning :) also could you add Sister Megan Brown to the email list, gracias! also i didn't proof read this so I hope it makes sense!
well I love you all
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
much! :) I think I remembered to say everything, if not sorry! I cant wait to hear from you! have a fantastico semana!
con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr
No comments:
Post a Comment