Monday, January 19, 2015

Hola! (Week 11)

Hola!

So this week has been crazy! The past two days it has been raining! So now I have really experienced the rain of Argentina, at least I think!

Also it is super hot here, that info I found before I came was wrong cause it is hotter than high 80's everyday practically. I have that cool alarm clock that has the temperature gauge on it correct. Well guess what, the hottest our bedroom has been when we got home at night was 93 F!!!! So we drip sweat all day and sleep in our sweat at night, but it makes you feel good and helps you know that you're working hard!

Guess what!!! Yesterday at our lunch appointment we got to talking and then this family invited us back that night for a pancake dinner. Here is the best part they had Peanut Butter AND Maple Syrup!!! That doesn't happen in Argentina, so that is AWESOME!!

Well as far as investigators go the ones I thought would have potential to be baptized in February have dropped us...so that is sad. But that means we just have to work that much harder! Which is good cause sometimes I wonder if I am working hard enough, which means I need to be doing more. This week I have been thinking how I can be a better missionary. I have decided that I need to have more charity for the people. But how, well I was studying about charity and found that the way you gain charity is by acting out of love. So I am going to be better at acting out of love. Also, my compa said that the goal is to be able to train after your 12 weeks of training. Well at this point I feel I am nowhere near that. So we are going to let me be more of a leader this week. Which scares me, but I know that I need to learn this now so that I can become the missionary and leader that the Lord wants me to be.

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr

There is a family that we have eaten with a few times that had us over for dinner again. Last time we were there they asked what some of our favorite foods were. This night they had a special surprise. They had us each what we had said! So they gave me this box of empanadas! Hna. Benson had a happy meal, Hna. Allen and her compa Hna. Hale (in photo) had ravioli (pasta with cheese in it).

This is a woman that is a professor at a highly accredited university. She teaches Italian and is teaching us some! It is hard for me to translate in my brain from English to Spanish to Italian! But I am learning patience!

This is a photo from the MTC with Branch President Carter and His wife and Hermana Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment