How are you all doing? I have had a really good week. It has had its ups and downs but our companionship has really been able to see the Lord bless us this week. One day we were looking for an address and we could not find it. We approached a family that was outside to see if they could help us. We had intentions to talk to them about the gospel as well. Before we could say anything gospel related they had their children taking us to a man who knew where every address was. The children showed us where to go and then left. Hermana Benson and I wondered if we should really bother the man cause we thought the address didn't exist. But we decided we shouldn't pass up the opportunity to talk to him cause we need to talk to all people. After he helped us with the address he asked if he could ask us a question, so of course we said yes. He said he was interested in understanding how Mormom missionaries work or the logistics. (I guess you could call it this, I don't really know how to explain it). We got to talking and the conversation slowly turned to a gospel discussion. He asked us if we had a pamphlet or something he could have. We left him with the restoration pamphlet and a Book of Mormon. He said he wants to read the entire book. He also asked if he could come to church sometime and bring his family. He wasn't able to come yesterday but he hopes to this upcoming Sunday. It really amazed me when he asked "all the right questions" before we asked them to him. We had recently fasted that we would be able to find an investigator that is prepared for the gospel and will be baptized in February. That the investigator would become truly converted and remail faithful. This may be him and it may not be. We have seen other simple miracles this week that could also be our answer. I absolutely love the tender mercies of the Lord. Looking for his hand in my life really makes a difference and makes a bad day into a good day.
I have been studying about the enabling power of the atonement. I have come to realize and better appreciate the Book of Mormon because of how much it testifies of the enabling power of the atonement. I really love this quote from Elder David A. Bednar:
"The enabling power of the Atonement strengthens us to do and be good and to serve beyond our own individual desire and natural capacity."
If you want to read more, it is from the talk "The Atonement and Our Journey through Mortality". At least I think that is what it is called. It came highly recommended by the amazing Sister Bailey!
Here are just some cool things that have happened to me this week:
- Someone thought I was from Columbia not the United States!
- In my setting apart blessing I was promised that my Spanish would sound like I have been in Argentina my whole life. The other day someone told me I have a better accent than some of the missionaries that have been here for a year. So I am already starting to see the blessings there. Also, my companion has an Argentine accent so I feel like that is one of the reasons we are companions.
- We found a man that speaks really good English the other day! We are going to teach him in English, yay yay yay! We have already had one leccion with him.
- The first time I played soccer it was with some teenagers and a few younger kids. Guess what I made TWO goals! And one of the members gave me the nickname "Messi". The next time I played soccer was with the other Hermanas and a few girls that are about our age. They said I was really good at soccer. I think they mean for a gringa hermana they think I am good. So this makes me happy that they all think I am good at soccer!
- We were taking a recent convert back to her apartment after she had been at leccions with us and her older brother was out front with his friends. They are more of the crazy not so good people you usually try and avoid I guess you could say. They were playing darts and wanted us to try. Well it turns out I am not too bad at darts. I kept beating Hermana Benson and the "brothers friend" I played against. So that was good cause now they know who we are and they like us so we are safe and other people won't bother us!
- One day we were so thirsty and we finally found someone to put water in our water bottle for us. After we left we were just gulping down our water in front of a house. Well I noticed an elderly woman. So I said Hola! At first she was a bit confused and asked if we know her. We said no we were just saying hi. Then she started talking to us about religion! yay! She invited us in to see her paintings she has done and talk some more. She is 88 and lives alone. She said we were an answer to her prayers. And she is an answer to ours as well cause we can share the gospel with her. She actually already has a pretty good knowledge and believes a lot of things we do. She is Christian. I look forward to teacher her more! Also she gave us an alfajor so she is golden!
Well I love you all and hope you have a Fantastic week! Put forth the extra effort to look for the Hand of God in your life! You will realize how truly blessed you are and you will realize that your bad days are actually good days!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr
![]() |
| Twins! a member made these shirts for us! |
![]() |
| Recreating Ashley kissing a gator! |
| Head of the goat we ate. Check out the tongue. We didn't eat this part. |
| Family we ate Christmas Dinner with. |



No comments:
Post a Comment