Como Estan? Thanks for all who wrote about how keeping the commandments has blessed their lives.
This week we ate some watermelon! Yum! Que Rico! When we were eating it I couldn't help but think about how much Ash loves watermelon! It made me smile :)
Also, this week we had a really rainy day. It was literally us and the dogs in the street! We were drenched! I am really glad that I have such a good rain jacket that kept half of me dry! We knocked on a menos activos door and they weren't willing to brave the rain to come unlock the gate and let us in so we kept on walking on to one of our investigators. They kindly let us in and gave us galla titas (cookie/cracker things) and something warm to drink. We then sang them a hymn and shared a scripture. We tried to talk about prophets but the partner of our investigator is catholic and she would not let us get a word in. Let's just say that the people in Argentina are chatter boxes, they will just talk and talk and talk! But they are really sweet and I love them!
Also, this week was carnival. But luckily carnival is different here than in Brazil. I'm not really sure what they do though. There wasn't much going on in these parts for their festivities. The ward did do an activity though. We attended the ward carnival activity for a little while this past week. We had a recent convert, Rosemary, that came and brought her three children that are not members. Two of them, Natalia and Celina, are old enough to be baptized. When we go and visit their house the two girls usually want nothing to do with us and do not listen to our message even though the effort is made to invite them. At the activity Hermana Gerber and I were able to play futbol with them and gain their confidence. The other day when we went to visit they listened to us! They didn't have a lot of desire to participate, but they did a little bit. I am very happy cause we are slowly making progress with them. Their dad, Alfredo, is also one of our investigators. The last two times we have visited he has left when we showed up and we couldn't find him to come to the leccion. Rosemary said that he likes it when we bring Hmo. Navorro and that will help him the most rather than bringing other members. So we are going to work with that.
It is a bit rough cause we have good investigators, but they are not really progressing. So this week we are going to focus specifically on a few and get them to progress.
This week we had the opportunity to help with the Capilla Abierta (open chapel, like an open house) in Moreno. We were in charge of taking the groups of people around to little displays and giving a brief explanation and testimony at each station. It was really good for me to be able to take part in this. It helped me gain confidence in myself and my abilities. It helped me understand that as we simply explain the gospel truths people can really feel the spirit and have the desire to be baptized. It was amazing, every person that attended, that is not a member of the church, left with a baptismal date! Wow! I think the number was about nine people!
This week I have had a bit of a cold, so that has not been too fun. This week during my studies I studied a talk about perfectionism and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. This really helped me out a lot. I would like to continue to study more in this to help me to become a better missionary. I love to read the words of the living Prophet and his Apostles. I know they are inspired men of God and that they are called to lead the people here on the earth. As we live by their words we will find true happiness, peace, and guidance in our lives.
Oh mom, could you find the talk "For times of trouble" by Jeffery R. Holland and copy and paste it in an email for me. We listened to it this week, it was really good and I want to read it. Thanks!
I love you all! Hope all is well! Don't hesitate to write, have a fantastic week! :)
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr
No comments:
Post a Comment