Hola Familia!
Things are crazy here! We got transfer calls last night, and I am going to leave Padua and my dearest compa Hermana Gerber! I love Padua with all my heart! I do not want to leave this area, the members, the investigators (even though they are tough at times), and my companion! Both Hermana Gerber and I were sure we were going to be working together again this transfer, so this news came as a big shock. I know I can't make this change alone and I need to rely on the Lord fully to make this change. But know that He is always there and He has a plan for me and all of you as well. He knows us and loves all personally and individually.
A scripture that my compa shared with me this week that I really really love is found in Doctrine and Covenants 98:1-3. It is about how our Father in Heaven hears every one of our prayers and he has promised to answer them! This is a really powerful scripture and I invite and highly encourage that you read and study it :)
This week we were really excited for Sunday cause we had six people that said they were going to come to church, for sure. We had plans to go and find them and arrive at the church together. Yesterday morning Hermana Gerber and I made the long walk before church to go and find them. We knocked and knocked on their doors but no one answered. At one house we talked with the mother of our investigator and she said she was sleeping and couldn't come cause she had to leave in awhile for something. So we made the long walk to church alone. One of the people that said they were going to come to church is Natalia. She is the daughter of Rosemary, a recent convert. Natalia showed up to church with her mother, Yay!! One of the many people that said they were going to come actually came. Also, at church one of our investigators, Luis, was asked to say the prayer in Sunday school, and he said the prayer and did a wonderful job! This was a neat experience because this is the first time he has every prayed in public (well as far as I know). He has only prayed in front of my companion and I three times. So this was a touching experience.
This week I learned more about the promptings of the Holy Ghost. The promptings of the Holy Ghost are really quite quiet and simple and sometimes we don't recognize them as promptings until after we act. There were two experiences. The first we were talking to a recent convert, Marco, and he was telling us how before our previous visit he was feeling down. Then we called to see if we could come visit him. Marco said this was the perfect timing and it was an answer to his prayers. The second experience is when we were walking in the street after an appointment and I had the thought to go and visit a reference from a menos activo we had recieved from the other hermanas. This was not in our plans. So I asked my companion if she wanted to go and find this reference and she said yes. So off we went. Her name is Alejandra. It turns out that she has been a member for many years, served a mission, and everything. She went inactive because of a problem with a member in her other ward and then her mother died. She was in a state of anger. She moved and has now been living in Padua for about a year. Last preparation day she saw the other hermanas in the super market and started praying again and then we came to visit her. She said we were an answer to her prayers and that we came at exactly the right moment. If we would have been a bit earlier or later she wouldn't have been able to answer the door (or something like that). We had a really spiritual leccion with her. And she said she wants to come back to church and wants us to help her. These experiences helped me remember how simply the Holy Ghost works and that even the simplest thought in your head to do something is a prompting from the Holy Ghost. Also, what miracles can come from these simple promptings. That we need to act on all of the little thoughts and impressions cause we don't know how big of an effect they are going to have. It is amazing how the Lord works. I know He guides me and my companion everyday. He is always there for us.
Have a fantastic week! Love you all soooo much!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr
We recieved these photos from Cecila.
![]() |
| Hermanas Burr and Gerber in Soccer Jerseys. |
![]() |
| Dough faces! |
![]() |
| Hermanas and Cecila |
![]() |
| On a ledge in Padua |




No comments:
Post a Comment