We got transfers calls last sunday as you all know but we don't find out any of the details till wednesday in transfer meeting, so here are the details...my new companion is Hermana Passos! She is from Brasil! She is pretty cool! We live by ourselves. My new area is Lujan 1C and we ride bikes! I am slowly learning how to ride a bike in a skirt, have a sore bum, and keep up with my compa, and stay out of the way of cars! I usually feel silly riding around trying to keep my skirt down and having a big helmet, but it is one crazy adventure and I learning to love it!
Lujan is about an hour from the offices if you go on the freeway. It is more country and the people are more calm and chill which I like a lot. Our area is the center of Lujan so it is city. It is hard to descibe Lujan cause it is like city in the country, but it is cool. And you can see the stars really well at night which I really like! And the Basilica is in our area. It is a Catholic church and it is a gorgeous building! I will take a pic and send next week. You will have to research Lujan on the internet so you can get more of a feel for where I am cause it is hard to describe, but I like it.
As far as investigators go, I am still meeting and getting to know everyone but here is a bit of what we did this week....
This week we had the opportunity to watch the Joseph Smith movie with some of our investigators and recent converts. It was a spritiual experience to have them all together and to listen to one anothers thoughts and feelings of The Prophet Joseph Smith.
We have two investigators that we are really working hard with to be baptized this month, Axel and Franco. Axel wants to be baptized but needs permission from his mom who is a Jehovas Witness. But she told him that if he passes his language test on tuesday that she will give him permission. So we are praying that he will pass and she will follow through with her commitment. We are also trying to work with his siblings who are coming to church. Also, we want to teach the parents as well, but that will come with time. Franco is the brother of a recent convert Luclia. She is bringing him to seminary and answering his questions about the gospel. He has been talking to different recent converts about baptism. We are planning on inviting him to be baptized in our leccion today!
Any questions or comments you have let me know :) I know the Lord has a plan for each of us. We just need to keep going and learn to accept his time and his will for us. I always find it amazing how the Lord knows exactly what we need to help us and to learn and progress more. Have a fantastic week! Love you all with my entire heart! Good Luck Titans in your baseball tournament this week! I will be cheering from Argentina!
con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr
| Hermana Burr and new companion Hermana Passos! |
| Old zone while serving in Padua |
No comments:
Post a Comment