How are you all doing? It sounds like you had a super, super fun week! I am glad! In all honesty, it has been a week of ups and downs for me. It has been hard trying to adjust to living and working with someone from a different country, but I LOVE my compa, she is awesome!
This week I had divisions with Hermana Woffinden. She is super capa (which means she is a really good missionary) and I learned a lot from her in the short time we had together.
This week we had capacitacion-which means training. It was really good and I learned a lot. President talked a lot about baptizing, retaining, and reactivating. Also about family history work. Oh and there is a new video called "Because He Lives" (At least I think that is what it translates to in English). It comes out this saturday. It is a short video for Easter! It is a-m-a-z-i-n-g! It really brings the spirit. I truly am grateful for my Savior and all he has done for me. I know that because He was resurrected, we will be as well. If we follow the Savior and do what is required of us, we can live with our Heavenly Father, Jesuscristo, and our families for the eternities in the Celestial Kingdom.
Saturday we went to Rodreguez to help with the Capilla Abierta. I really enjoy capilla abierta because I get the opportunity to testifiy to a lot of people in a short amount of time. Oh and guess who was there? Hermana Gerber and her new "daughter". So she is a my "step sister" in the mission, cause Hermana Gerber is my "step mom" in the mission. It was fun to see her and hear how everyone in Padua is doing.
We have a baptism scheduled for this Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His name is Franco. He has 15 years. He really is a miracle. His sister was baptized about a month ago. When I first arrived in Lujan, Franco wasn't super interested in the gospel, but he did have a little interest. Things all happened super fast. When I arrived he had two of the lecciones. We had a few more visits with their family. We taught all of the commandments in one leccion and that was crazy for me cause it was all so fast. It was amazing to for me to hear his experience with prayer. One leccion we were talking to him and he said that if he was going to be baptized he had to know for himself. We committed him to pray and tesitfied that if he prayed he would feel the truth. The next day he said that he had prayed. He said he felt a warm feeling in his chest. I was on divisions when he related this experience with prayer to my companion so I don't know all of the details. This is a testimony builder to me that Heavenly Father really is there answering our prayers. That I can trust in his promise that when the investigators act with real intent they are going to feel the truth.
Yesterday we met for the first time with the fmaily of our investigator Axel (14 years). This was a miracle. We had fasted that this would happen and it did. The father is catholic and the mother is Jehovah witness. Axel and his two little brothers have been coming to church with us for the past while now. We wanted to talk to the paretnts about what their children are learning in church. We had a discussion about the family unit and how it is important. The father has a lot of questions. We are going to have to work with them line upon line.
Thanks, have a fantastic week.
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr
| Capilla Abierta (open chapel) |
| Hermana Burr and her bike! |
No comments:
Post a Comment