Saturday, April 4, 2015

Bautismo! y #GraciasaqueELvive (Week 21)

Fam!

Como Estan? It feels like forever since I wrote to you! How are you all? It sounds like you are all enjoying spring break with Grandma and Grandpa Burr! Enjoy a good game of mexican train for me!

Saturday Franco was baptized!!! Yesterday he was confirmed and received the Aaronic priesthood! He really was a miracle. His sister, Luclia, was baptized about a month ago. At first he didn't believe in God, but he had interest to see why his sister was baptized. He has a testimony now and is already a faithful member of the church. Before he was baptized he was going to seminary early in the mornings and to mutual, church every sunday, and everything! His mother came to the baptism and confirmation. She is not a member. She was crying the whole time. I really think she was feeling the spirit. We want to continue to work with her and also the other son, Enzo, and teach them and have them be baptized so they can all have an eternal family. To have the happiness that Franco and Luclia have.

The spirit was really strong at the baptism and I know this is the Lords work. This is the work of salvation. Without baptism performed with the proper authority we cannot enter into the Kingdom of God, and that is why this work is sooo important, for our salvation. It is a blessing that our Heavenly Father has given us the way back to Him and to receive eternal life and salvation. Keep going strong!

A new video for Easter just came out! It is called Because He Lives! At least I think that is what it is in english! I invite you all to watch it! It testifies of the real meaning of Easter. We remember Christ's Resurrection. I know He lives and because He lives we will all be resurrected as well. We can find the happiness in this life and for eternities. This knowledge helps me daily to have the strength to keep going and the knowledge of what I can do to help people.............Here are just a few of the ways we are going to help all see this video...

This week we are going to help the ward show the new Gracias a que EL vive video in two different plazas. We also showed this video at Franco's Baptism. We gave the people a card to give to a friend. We put the "#GraciasaqueELvive" under our badges to help spread the video also. We are also going to have a "box of gifts" and give people gifts (the cards with a piece of candy" so they can watch the video and share it with their friends.

Please share it with your friends and everyone!

What are your plans for Easter? Are you super stoked for General Conference? I know that I am!! My invitation to you all is to think of at least one question you can take to conference. I promise you that if you listen the spirit with testify to you of the truth and answer all of your questions.

Oh also I want to tell you that last sunday I taught the relief society leccion! Loco!

Have a fantastic week!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr

Basilica in Lujan

Franco's Baptism in Lujan!

No comments:

Post a Comment