Saturday, April 11, 2015

Pascua Y Conferencia General (Easter and General Conference)!!! (Week 22)

Family!

It sounds like you all really enjoyed conference and Easter! I am glad, so did I! I had a really good week! Conference was amazing. I just wish it wasn't over. Saturday I watched it in Spanish and I didn't really understand that much. I learned much more from what the spirit was telling me than what the speakers were saying cause I only understood part of what they were saying. But it was a good experience and I learned from the spirit! Then on Sunday some of us missionaries that speak English attempted to watch conference in English on the internet. Well it was being all slow, so we just listened to the conference through the internet radio. But it was in English. This was a blessing cause I got a lot more out of it in English and my questions were anwsered. I can't wait to study the talks in the church magazine!

Easter Morning in my studies I was reading about the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ. I was reading the story in each of the different books in the Bible where it can be found. This really stregthened my testimony of the Savior. I recieved a strong confirming witness through the Holy Ghost that Jesus Christ really is the Son of God. He suffered and felt the pains, afflictions, and sins of each and every one of us individually. He knows exactly how to help us in each situation in our lives. He knows and loves us individually. He died for us. Through Him we can be cleansed of our sins. He was resurrected and because of this each one of us is going to be resurrected. He is my Savior and Redeemer. He is the Savior of the world and I cannot deny it.

This week we had the video in the plaza. There weren't lots and lots of people, but we had a good turnout. While we were waiting to start there were Mormon messages that were playing. Then we watched Gracias a que El vive and the Bible video of the Resurreccion of Christ. The president of the branch spoke for a moment then we played the videos a few more times. The plaza is in the area of the elders. And now they have two new investigators because of this. One is a family that is searching for the true church. Que bueno! We are going to do the same thing this coming Friday with the branch again. This time it is going to be in our area. I am excited.

Fun fact for the week (and the humor): yesterday was my cumplemes. (This means birthday for the month. It is the day that I started the mission). I have now been in the mission for 5 months! Crazy, I can't believe it, can you?!?! Also, the other day I was just riding along on my bike trying not to get hit by cars, and guess what happened...a bird pooped right on my skirt! Que asko! (How gross). Luckily I got to wash it out not too long after but then it just looked like I peed in my skirt. But it's all good.

Thanks for all you do, have a fantastic week!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr

Enjoying some Brasilian beans and rice thanks to my companion!

Hermana Passos, Franco, and Hermana Burr (at Franco's baptism).

No comments:

Post a Comment