My new companion is....Hermana Masson! She is from Buenos Aires Argentina! Her house is about two or three hours away! How crazy! She is waiting for her visa to Mexico! She is really sweet and wants to work hard! So we get along great! I already have a love for her! Oh she is 24 years old.
What a week it has been. I am not going to lie it has been a lot more stressful than normal. My bike has broken three times in the last week and it is starting to try my patience a little bit, but I am learning a lot about trusting in the Lord and His will not mine. I know that the Lord is giving me experiences to grow and progress so that I can reach my potential. So I continue on trusting in the Lord and His plan not what I want or think is best.
Yesterday I had a really spiritual experience. We were walking to the house of someone we had in our plans. On our way we passed by a house of the Familia Sabor. When we got to the corner of the street I felt like we should turn back and see if the Familia Sabor was home. So we turned back. The mother and the 18 year old daughter were home. We began to ask them how their week went. The mother told us that she didn't have a very good week, that everything was going wrong. I had the impression that we should share the scripture Doctrine y Convienos 121:7-8. We began telling her that we chose this special for her and her situation. Then we shared the scripture. She began to cry and told us that this week she began to doubt if Christ was there helping her because everything she has been working on for 30 years fell down the drain. And with all of the other things that went wrong she felt alone. But she said when she heard the scripture it was an answer to her prayers. That she was never going to doubt in Christ again. This was a spiritual experience for me as well, because this week has been more stressful for me. This scritpure was exactly what I needed to hear as well. I know that Christ is never going to leave us solo. He is always there in every moment. He will carry us and giveu us the strength in our trials and we can have peace even in our trials. He has a plan for each of us. His plan is best. He knows what we need to learn, grown, and progress, and what trials, comfort and blessings we need and when.
Lucas was baptized on Saturday! The service was lovely. He bore his testimony and said that when he left the water he felt different, clean, and really happy. I am grateful for the opporutnity to help others have these feelings and progress towards eternal life.
We are visiting all of the recent converts in our area and some of them are receieving callings! Those who have the priesthood are helping to prepare, bless, and/or pass the sacrament. Yay!
Oh this is for jack-- we found a bakery that sells doughnuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So of course we bought some to try them! They were good, but the doughnuts in the United States are better!
Oh and I know have 7 months in the mission! CRAZY how time flies!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr
Doctrine & Covenants 121:7-8 reads: My son, peace be unto they soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
![]() |
| 7 months in the mission! |
![]() |
| Lucas's Baptism Day |
| Hialey is training Hermana Masson from Buenos Aires. (She is waiting for her visa to mexico) |


No comments:
Post a Comment