Monday, June 15, 2015

What a week I just had AND what a transfer I will have!! (Week 30)

Family!

I had a good week! It was a bit weird knowing the whole week that Hermana Passos was leaving, but we worked hard and had a good week. We finished off our time together with the baptisms of Fernando and Miriam! It is amazing to see all of the tender mercies of the Lord in every moment :)

Hermana Passos left Saturday morning and until transfers on Wednesday I am working with Hermana Santos. Her companion went home too. Hna. Santos is from Brasil and has three months in the mission.

Here is the report for the week...

Fernanado and Miriam were baptized on Friday. Yay!! This baptismal service was the most spiritual baptism I have ever been to. I felt so happy to know that I had the opportunity to help these people come unto Christ. That I still have the responsibility to help them continue learning, even though I am not perfect and I don't know everything. We will continue to learn and grow spiritually side by side. I felt the spirit very strongly. I could really feel the love that our Heavenly Father has for each one of them, their families, and for me. I know without a doubt that this is the Lords work and that we are building His kingdom here on the earth.

Yesterday Fernando and Miriam received the gift of the Holy Ghost. I could really see the happiness that it brought them when they received this constant companion. Also, Fernando received the Aaronic priesthood after church. I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to help others come unto Christ and see them have the opportunity to bless the lives of others, especially through the Priesthood Power of God. Yesterday night when we had a leccion with Fernando, I could already see that his countenance has changed and the happiness that receiving the Holy Ghost has brought to him.

Yesterday the familia Garcia came to church. It was so wonderful to see them together as a family happy in the Lords house. We found a meno activo this week named Mariana. She served a mission and everything. She accepted a return visit so we are going to be working with her!

Yesterday Lucas had his baptismal interview and he passed. We will have his baptism the following weekend.

Yesterday I found out that I will be training! What?!? I am going to have a newbie companion! I am not quite sure that I feel ready, but I know that with the Lord all things are possible and I am anxious to find out what plan He has in store for me this coming transfer.

Love you all! Have a fantastic week!
Hermana Burr

Hailey at the Basilica

Fernando's Baptisms (left) with his brother and family

Hermana Santos from Brasil and Lucila

Miriam's Baptism, Franco and Lucila

No comments:

Post a Comment