Dearest Family,
I have been focusing on gratitude this week. Every time I felt a little down I began to think of all of my blessings and I couldn’t help but to be happy. I have noted a change in my attitude, positivity, and faith. Even my companion noted a difference.
I love this quote: "Thankfulness is measured by words. Gratitude is measured by the nature of our actions." - David O. McKay
In Church we were talking a bit about faith. I love faith! We live in this world by faith. I know this is in Spanish but I wanted to share it anyway:
“en esta época, como en todas las épocas pasadas y en todas las que vendrán, la necesidad más grande que existe en el mundo es el tener una fe activa y sincera en las enseñanzas básicas de Jesús de Nazaret, el Hijo viviente del Dios viviente. El hecho de que muchos rechacen sus enseñanzas da más motive aún a los verdaderos creyentes en el evangelio de Jesucristo para proclamar sus verdades y demostrar con el ejemplo la fortaleza y la paz de una vida digna y bondadosa..."
I love this because it explains that in all times the biggest need that exists is to have an active and sincere faith in the basic teachings of Jesucristo.
My favorite day this week was Saturday. All of our appointments fell through, but in this time the Lord guided us to find an inactive member. She joined the church in Paraguay 20 years ago. when she moved here she never found the church and she has been in Argentina for about 18 years. We are excited to help Gladis on her return path to the gospel. She was so happy to have talked with us and is excited that we are here to help her return.
Also, this day we talked to Flavia. She is an investigador that Hermana Santos, Hermana Laurie, and I found when I was here for divisions as HLE Viajante. Hermana Alvarez and I had not been able to visit her since we have been here; all of our appointments fell through. It was a really special moment for me when she walked out of her house to open the gate. I felt like I was watching my long lost friend approach me. I have so much love for this investigador. It made me even happier when She remembered who I was and was happy to see me. She has so much potential and I know that she will be baptized with time. I say with time because she told us to come back after summer vacation because she is going to travel. This was a really tender moment for me and I am so excited to help Flavia on the path to conversion.
That night we were talking to a less active. She is living with her boyfriend that is an investigator. The Hermanas were working with him when we showed up. we are working with them now and we talked to her and she said that this Tuesday morning they are going to sacar un turno to be married. yay!
Have a Fantastic Week!
Con Mucho Amor



No comments:
Post a Comment