Monday, February 8, 2016

Humility and Gratitude (Week 63)

My Most Dear Family,

I write to you in humility and gratitude today. Yesterday at Church President and Sister Robertson attended our ward. After church President told me what had happened. It was a bit rough. I had to take some time to read in the Book of Mormon, pray, and write a little bit. The thing that has helped me the most so far is the gratitude. Thanking my Father in Heaven that He blessed me with such a wonderful Grandfather who was an example, friend, and support to me. Grandpa was the best example of charity, love, and enduring faithfully to the end.  I am so very grateful for the plan of salvation and the power of the priesthood that binds our family together. Thanks to the gospel I can have peace of conscious even though this was hard news for me. I am grateful to have my Savior that heals my wounds and gives me the strength to carry on and continue in his service. I know grandpa is in a better place and that I have one more angel watching over me.

Here are a few of the things that have helped me.
• 2 Nefi 9:18
• "Express gratitude for your challenges and adversities and what you can learn from them. This will open the door for the Lord to bless and help you."
• 2 Nefi 9:52
• Alma 7:11-13
• "The enabling power of the atonement strengthens us to do and be good and to serve beyond our own individual desire and natural capacity."- David A. Bednar
• "Grace-Divine means of help or strength given through the bounteous mercy and love of Jesus Christ."-The Bible Dictionary
I had a big paragraph written about the miracle week we have had and I just accidentally deleted it, so I will sum it up in a few sentences. We have seen so many miracles this week. We have been able to teach a lot more lessons this week. The new investigadores we found are really great and interested. Two of them have a baptism date. Norma and Cristina. We found Cristina on Saturday and she didn't think she was going to be able to come to church. But the Lord blessed us with a miracle and she showed up to church all on her own!
Well I love you all so so so very much and wish you a great week. Find Joy in all of the tender mercies of the Lord and show him Gratitude for all you have. This is what has truly blessed me this transfer and weekend.
Love you
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr

1 Nefi 17:51
PS- I would like to wish a very happy birthday to Molly Goodrich! Love you and hope you have a great day :)

Dad, Mom, Ashley, and Jack,
I send you my love, hugs, and kisses.
Love, Hermana Burr
       

No comments:

Post a Comment