Thursday, February 25, 2016

Hurlingham is my place (Week 68)

Dearest Family,

Elder Bednar is coming to visit this coming week and we are really excited! We have been studying talks from him about the faith to prepare us for his visit. Something I am going to share with you all is that I learned that the key to conversion is unwearied diligence and obedience, and repentance when we make mistakes.

This week I have been learning more about the will of the Lord. Our progressing investigador that had her baptismal date for this coming Saturday, Cristina Agüero, told us yesterday that she is not going to be baptized on Saturday. She said that she doesn’t feel sure of her decision. She doesn’t want to be baptized just to be baptized. And that is what we want as well. The truth is that when she said that I felt sad but also at peace, because I could tell that she is not truly converted yet. We have been trying to help her have her own personal experience with the Atonement and repentance, because we understand that is how one becomes converted. She has been praying to know if the book of Mormon is true but says she is not sure she has received her answer. We have explained multiple times how the spirit works with us. I know that she will be baptized in the Lords time. Now we are going to work with her and help her to be able to truly repent and be converted and a faithful member of the church.

Have a Fantastic Week!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr

Hermana Barrera, Cristina, Hermana Burr

Hurlingham is my place. 

My favorite dog in Argentina, Milo.

No comments:

Post a Comment