Sunday, May 1, 2016

Fasting for a Reference (Week 76)

Family,

This week we had special trainings and interviews. It was so great!

I would like to share an experience. This past week we had fast Sunday. Hermana Cespedes and I decided to fast to thank the Lord for the blessings He has given us and is currently giving us. During the fast a member called us to give us a reference. We felt greatly blessed. I learned that as we are conscious of the Lord and His hand in our lives He in turn blesses us with more than we can even imagine.

This week I studied a bit about repentance and forgiveness. Here is a scripture that helped me raise my testimony. DyC 10:47. I know that God loves us. Because He loves us He sent His only begotten son, our Savior Jesucristo, to this world so that we can repent and change. We receive forgiveness according to our faith in Him. As our love for Him grows stronger we have a desire to repent and live more in harmony with his teachings and to love our neighbors. I know that this is the only true gospel of Cristo. This is the only church where you find His power and authority to act in His name for the salvation for souls.

Have a fantastic week!
Con amor,
Hermana Burr

Hermana Allen, (Hailey’s friend, MTC companion, and serving in the same final area together) had to fly home the end of last week for a family emergency.  Our prayers are with her and her family.  She was an amazing example to Hailey and she loved her dearly.  Hermana Allen was the sister training leader for the zone.  Now that she is gone, President Robertson made a few changes and a member from Hailey’s ward is serving as a mini missionary in her place.  Now Hailey and her companion are sister training leaders for the zone.


No comments:

Post a Comment