Do you remember Jimena, from my letter last week; she was the reference from an inactive member. Well on Wednesday morning we taught her the restauracion, she was awe-struck! We invited her to be baptized on the 28 of Noviembre and she said sí! Well actually she said sí sí sí sí sí sí sí sí sí! When we left the lesson I felt like I was floating in the clouds I was so happy. She is most definitely a chosen and prepared of the Lord. Yesterday we went to her house in the morning and went to church together and her friend, who gave us the reference, also came to church with us. It was her first time in many years! Jimena really liked church and when she was leaving she was telling everyone that she would see them next week! It also made her really happy that her two year old son, Nicolas aka Nico, did well in the nursery. I am so thankful to the Lord for blessing us with the opprtunidad to meet, teach, and help her.
Also yesterday when I was a bit stressed and the work wasn’t really going so great the Lord answered my petitions. He is so merciful and loving! We had a wonderful contact! His name was Sergio. He stopped us in the street and we answered his question of why there are so many churches and which is the correct. We left him with a book of Mormon and the invitation to know for himself. He is here every other weekend so we are going to find him and teach him again the next time he is her and send the address of his other house so missionaries can pass by there.
This week when we were searching for "a chosen one" before lunch we had a really great experience. His name is Pancho. We were talking to him about the book of Mormon. He took the book in his hands and said one moment please. He opened it and started to read. When he finished reading the page he looked up, with tears starting to fill his eyes. He said that someone once told him that is you take a bible and open it to a random part that it will have exactly what you need to hear. He told us that this is what he was doing and that he received the answer that he needed. This helped strengthen my testimony del Libro de Mormón. I know that it is the word of God. It answers the questions of our soul. The Lord guides us through his holy scripture.
I made pie de mora (mulberry pie) to celebrate the one year mark! How crazy is that! And we had the primary program here too! Little kids are so cute I love them! Oh also Nico the son of Jimena reminds me so much of little Carter Crosbie!
I am going to meditizar D&C 50:24!
Have a fantastic week!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burr
![]() |
| At Church |
![]() |
| Art in front of a house |
![]() |
| Mulberry Pie -- 1 year mark |



No comments:
Post a Comment